All resident individuals, HUFs, registered entities such as schools, charitable institutions, clubs and societies, venture companies and public or private limited companies can purchase gold bonds. However, non resident Indians (NRIs) and Australian Institutions/Entities will not be permitted to put up golden bonds.
|Tranche||Date of Subscription||Date of Issuance of Bonds|
|2019 – 2020 Series I||June 03 – 07, 2019||11 June 2019|
|2019 – 2020 Series II||July 08 – 12, 2019||16 July 2019|
|2019 – 2020 Series III||August 05 – 09, 2019||14 August 2019|
|2019 – 2020 Series IV||September 09 – 13, 2019||17 September 2019|
Buy sovereign gold bonds online from Banks – A step-by-step help guide
Investors can also buy gold bonds from commercial banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited (SHCIL), Post Offices designated by RBI and recognized stock trades. The sovereign gold bond plot was launched in November 2015 to reduce the demand for physical gold and shift a part of their national economies — used to buying gold into cost economies.
Here are the steps to invest in SGB via SBI
- Log in to your SBI net banking account
- Click on eServices and go to ‘Sovereign Gold Bond’
- Select ‘terms and conditions’ and click on ‘proceed’
- Fill the registration form. This is a one-time registration
- Click on submit
- Enter the subscription quantity and nominee details in the purchase form
- Finally , click on ‘submit’
Here are the steps to invest in SGB via ICICI
you must keep the following information handy.
- ICICI Debit card Number of the account through which you are going to invest
- The ATM PIN of the debit card
- Complete Demat account number if you want the bond into your Demat account for trading in the secondary market.
There are other two methods to reach the gold bond investment page.
- You can click on the banner. It would lead you to the gold bond investment form.
- Else, you can also go through a path. ICICIBank.com – Products -Investment Section Click on All – Fixed Income Products – Sovereign Gold Bonds.
- Click the index page link. It would directly lead you to the gold bond application page.
Kotak Net Banking
- Login to Kotak Net Banking with your log-in details.
- Click on the ASBA tab at the top.
- Click on ‘Apply for sovereign bonds’ available on the left side.
- Choose your bond delivery option, depository participant, select your account number and accept the terms and conditions. Click on ‘Next’.
- You can see the details such as issue price. Enter the number of units that you want to invest and click on ‘Next’.
- Verify your details and click on ‘Confirm and submit’.
- In the next screen, you get a notification stating that the application is successful. Keep your reference number handy for the future.
Buy sovereign gold bonds online through HDFC Bank’s net banking platform
- Login to HDFC net banking with your user ID and password.
- Click on the Demat tab.
- Click on Sovereign Gold Bond.
- Fill in the basic details such as personal details and units of bonds that you want to invest. Add nominee details.
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- Add the OTP that you have received on your registered mobile number.